Do you want to help support this mission?

Make a donation at the Issa Trust Foundation site. If you'd like to purchase any of the items suggested in these posts, please have them mailed to: Diane Pollard, 2401 8th Street Court SW, Altoona, IA 50009

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First day of work

After a small delay I was off and running this am at the clinic in Port Maria. My exam room was small but sufficient.
Equipment I used today: stethoscope, otoscope and tips, ear curettes, measuring tape, and a pen light. I also used hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes (out of my awesome fanny pack).
Diagnoses made: well child, fungal infections, seasonal allergies, headache due to poor vision (refer for glasses), tonsillitis (recurrent- refer to ENT), strep, viral gastroenteritis, and foreign body in the eye (sand).
Survival tip: take food. I took a plantain and apple from the breakfast buffet.
Interesting point of the day: my father in law has a saying "drive fast and take chances." I think the drivers in Jamaica live by that phrase as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment